Grabbing a mani/pedi on the go just got easier! PrettyQuick is Chicago’s premiere beauty-booking site. With over 100 of Chicago’s best, editor-vetted salons and spas to choose from, PrettyQuick makes booking beauty a breeze. Members can easily book all their appointments in one place, from recurring visits to their favorite stylists or new discoveries they find while browsing PrettyQuick’s robust guide. Members who are wiling to snag off-peak appointments benefit from discounts up to 30% off. Book beauty has never been easier, or more rewarding!
Since PrettyQuick has been helping us out of one beauty blunder after another over the past few months, we couldn’t wait to sit down with Coco Meers, the brains behind this beauty business… and she did not disappoint! We met up with Coco at New Age Nail Studio where she insisted we try her new favorite vinyl manicure, while she dished on her career, must-have beauty products, and more… but that’s not all! Coco also generously offered all our readers $10 toward the beauty service of your choice on PrettyQuick, just use code: chicagolifeblog and start pampering! After you read this interview, of course…
Where did the idea for PrettyQuick come from?
PrettyQuick was born out of the MANY frustrations with trying to book beauty appointments. We’ve all been there: that moment when you have a spare hour pop up and want to get a manicure but don’t know who’s good or close or open. Or how about when you move to a new city or travel to new destinations and just don’t know where to turn first? I began to dread even the simple act of picking up the phone to call a salon or spa, waiting on hold, and going back and forth on availability. PrettyQuick solves all those problems by using technology to seamlessly connect editor-approved salons and spas with fabulous clients seeking efficiency and quality.
I went to Princeton for undergrad where I majored in English and French. Then it was off to New York to learn the ropes of the beauty industry at cosmetics giant L’Oreal. After a few years in New York and then Paris, I decided it was time to further my business education so I pursued an MBA at the University of Chicago where I started PrettyQuick with some classmates.
Like any big company, L’Oreal is very data-driven, but the culture relies a lot on intuition and emotion. It is inspiring to work in an industry that – like fashion – helps people express their individualtiy and bring out the best version of themselves. It takes exceptionally creative minds to continue to innovatie in this space, to dictate trends and not follow them. It was very exciting and a great challenge! We try to do the same at PrettyQuick!
We’re really focused on New Year’s Eve right now and are all about a sexy red lip, subltly vixen-y glitter eye liner, and a just a hint of blush and matte bronzer to even out our winter complexion.
- I have very dry skin so am constantly lathering on creams and dry oils in the winter. I find regular Dermaplaning helps clear all the excess dry skin and build up immediately without any discomfort or redness. I’m actually obsessed with this quick, safe procedure that uses a surgical rasor to scrape off the first layer of unhealthy facial cells and “peach fuzz”
- I am extremely fair, especially in the winter. Custom airbrush tanning (in natural tones, nothing too dark!) helps give me a little glow which my skin totally craves when it’s not getting enough Vitamin D!
- The ultimate time-saving trick, Eyelash Extensions (again, very subtle and natural-looking) ensure you’ll never have to apply mascara again which is a huge time-saver in the morning and at night before bed. You’ll wake up looking defined and ready for the day without applying any makeup whatsoever.
- Dyptique Olene fragrance
- YSL Touce Eclat concealer and highlighter
- Jelly Pong Pong gel lip stain in cherry
- Oribe dry texturizing spray
Oh boy… don’t we all??? When I was 15 my stylist decided to go rogue and left me with mullet hair style. Very very bad. It didn’t grow out for MONTHS!
As a non technical founder, it was challenging to find partners who could build breakthrough software who were passionate about the beauty industry. It’s hard to know how to describe your vision when you haven’t built a technical product before, but once we got the first version to market, we were able to recruit a fantastic CTO to continue the build out and help us scale. It’s all about putting one foot in front of the other every day!
In 5 years… PrettyQuick will be THE beauty-booking destination in all major US markets, moving in to international markets perhaps! We will be synonymous with salon and spa appointment bliss!!!
The most beautiful woman is one who feels comfortable and confident in her own skin.
[Photos By Hallie Duesenberg]