- 1lb rigatoni
- 1.5 lbs spicy italian sausage (we used chicken), skins removed
- 1 jar arrabiata sauce (we use Rao’s)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- One bunch green kale, chopped
- Goat cheese crumbles
- Fresh basil (if available)
- Fresh grated parmagiano reggiano
1. In a saute pan, heat two tablespoons or so of olive oil at medium-high heat. Add garlic to the olive oil, and heat for about one minute.
2. Add the sausage (skin removed) to the pan and brown, breaking it into even pieces as you go, about five minutes. Meanwhile, bring pot of water to a boil, add salt (water should be SALTY) and cook pasta following directions until the pasta is al dente. (This is important, because the pasta will “finish” cooking in the pan with the sauce. Nothing is sadder than soggy pasta!)
3. Poor the white wine into pan, and use it to scrape up the brown bits. Reduce the heat to medium and bring liquid back to a simmer.
4. Place all of the chopped kale in the pan and stir it in with the sausage and wine sauce, allowing it to wilt. If necessary, drizzle in a little more olive oil. Sprinkle a little salt over the greens as well.
5. Add the Arrabiata sauce to the pan, reduce heat to low, and let simmer.
6. Add the al dente pasta to the saute pan and toss, combining completely.
7. Poor the pasta into a large bowl. Sprinkle the goat cheese crumbles on top and add chopped fresh basil. Finish it off with parmagiano reggiano cheese to taste, serve, and ENJOY!